Hey folks. I don't have any news, and no great pictures to share. But I'm posting because I get bored when others don't update their blogs...and I realize I'm pretty guilty of that myself.
I'm sitting here at the birth center - a baby was born at about 5am ( I got here at about 4:30) and now it's almost 12:30. We keep the family for 4 hours minimum, but technically, they are allowed to stay as long as they want. Unfortunately for me, this family seems to have more visitors on the way -- so we will be here for a while yet. This is their fourth kid, so think they don't want to go home to chaos and like the peace and quiet of the birth center. Totally understandable. But a little frustrating for me who has had hardly any sleep, no breakfast or lunch, and just recently found out that another client is in labor. I'm hoping this next one holds off till tomorrow morning so I can go home and sleep and shower and eat.
On Monday night this week I was called it at 11:00pm. We had one baby at 2am, and then another at 11am...that was a really long shift on NO sleep. Yowsers. But...these are all learning opportunities, so for that I'm grateful. I was at the clinic on Monday and Wednesday this week (not Tuesday because of the babies).
In other news, I think I had the worst bowling game of my life last night (68), and Jon probably had his best (156). We went to a pumpkin carving party on Friday night and it is official - I don't enjoy carving pumpkins. I just don't find it very amusing. It stinks. It's sticky. The pumpkins look crappy the next day. I'm over it. I'd much rather make and eat caramel apples. :)
Oh - that reminds me - Happy Thanksgiving, Canadians!
No comments:
Post a Comment