I honestly feel as though this is the only topic I can write about.
Today is Tuesday. And I am back at the birth center. A lovely baby girl was born four hours ago to some first-time parents.
Last Wednesday, a baby girl was born to a second time mother.
On Thursday, three baby boys were born to three first-time mothers.
On Saturday, a first-time mother tried for a very long time to have her baby here but was brought to the hospital for a bit of medication (I missed that one - Saturday is my official "day off").
On Sunday, a baby boy was born to another first-time mother.
If you are counting, that is 6 babies and 1 long labor in 7 days. I "managed" 5 of them, and assisted for the 6th (the third baby born on Thursday).
So we have been BUSY!
The young mom that is here now had her baby just four hours ago - has already showered, eaten, and is being discharged by the birth assistant as we speak. I'm okay with that, since I have been here since 4:45a.m.
I'm exhausted...but thankful for a bunch of healthy moms and healthy babies...and being that much closer to being done with school!
No comments:
Post a Comment